Corona Virus got you working from home for the next few weeks? Why not enjoy it! Create an inspiring and comfortable workspace right here at home with these pro tips.
Does color matter?
Yes, according to Harrington College of Design, the color surrounding you can impact your mood and enhance productivity. Freshome.com suggests green as the most relaxing color for your eyes, relieving stress and encouraging the unwinding of your mind.
Is your office space limited?
Studies have shown the average worker spends a week each year looking for misplaced papers and items. So…have you ever heard the phrase “a place for everything, and everything in its place”? If you’re short on space, consider floating shelves and building up rather than out. And keep a paper shredder under your desk.
Should you personalize your office space?
Entrepreneur.com recommends keeping your workspace free from clutter, helping you think more clearly. Clutter accumulates quickly so the fewer unnecessary items in your office space the better. And personal items, such as photos of your recent vacations, can cause distractions. Less is more when it comes to office space.
The best place to position your desk?
Studies show exposure to natural light has a wide range of health benefits, including stimulating your immune system and increased productivity. If possible, position your desk in front of a window.
My top 5 office essentials:
1. High speed internet. There is nothing that frustrates me more than waiting and waiting and waiting for access.
2. A heavy duty, built-to-last surge protector.
3. A dependable multipurpose printer/scanner. I use the HP4650 and love it.
4. An ergonomic office chair. Long hours at your desk create stress for your lower back. A great ergonomic office chair is worth its weight in gold.
5. A heavy-duty paper shredder.